Boot Camps in Scotland Exclusively for Women
Each client will be assigned to her own group based on age and experience. Irrespective of whether you go to the gym 5 times a week or are a novice, we provide the means and motivation to help you to drop a dress size in a week.
A Luxury Fitness Retreat
Argrennan is a first class venue which is an exceptional example of neoclassical architecture with a rich and unique heritage, and even the occasional royal visitor. Location wise it is only 25 minutes from Dumfries Railway Station. The Estate is accessed by attractive wrought iron gates and is nestled in the heart of the rolling countryside of Dumfries and Galloway. With panoramic views further afield and attractive, colourful and ornately tailored gardens within the 50 acre estate, Argrennan has a relaxed and tranquil feel. Once our gates are closed behind you, feel the stresses and strains of the outside world melt away.
The Estate is home to a variety of wildlife and deer are often found roaming in the woodland. Built in the 1600s, the original house was owned by Robert Cutler of Argrennan who, in 1705, passed it to his son William Cutler. James Gillespie-Graham extended the house in 1818 which gives the building particular interest in Scottish heritage. Gillespie-Smith was best known for both houses and churches in the Scottish Gothic style. His particular interest was in grand interiors, and this is reflected in Argrennan and notably in Hopetoun House, Taymouth Castle and the St Andrew’s Cathedral in Glasgow.
The Manor house comprises of a large formal dining room, drawing room and comfortable sitting room with open log fire. All entertainment rooms are dramatic and are tastefully decorated with rich fabrics, historical artworks and antiques. The main house accommodation exudes luxury and all an suites and shared bathrooms have been fitted to an extremely high standard. All bedrooms have stunning views over the manicured gardens.
Gatehouse, Shire and Stable Cottage offer additional accommodation which are full of character, but prices are tailored towards the more budget conscious client who would still like to experience the stunning surrounds of the main rooms in the manor house and the surrounding grounds. All cottages have a living room, a kitchen and shared bathrooms. The course content remains the same with the addition of mountain biking if desired.
The Camp rises early and stands down at around 7pm, providing a program of constant low-intensity physical training. Enjoy a range of exciting activities ranging from orienteering, army training beach activities, self defence, trim-trail, and hiking, to boxercise, pilates, yoga and piloxing. The team at The Camp will keep you moving all day. At The Camp we also run detailed stretching sessions, before and after all activities to minimise injury.
The Boot Camp in Scotland caters for a nominal group of clients per course, which ensures exclusivity and the most effective and safe instructor to client ratio.
New Multi-Sport Activities
Multi-Sport Activities - At The Camp we believe in keeping you active, keeping things fresh and introducing you to new activities. Over the years we have learnt that this is good for the body, the mind and the soul! We are absolutely delighted to have joined in partnership with Galloway Activity Centre for 2018, situated on the beautiful shores of Loch Ken in the Galloway Forest Park. It is South West Scotland’s largest multi-activity and water sports training centre offering a wide range of exciting action packed activities from paddle boarding, kayaking and climbing wall to outdoor laser tag, wobbly water park, archery and much, much more! We shall spend a morning there on each camp and enjoy the café overlooking the waters of Loch Ken after we have finished our chosen sports. Please note that all activity instructors are qualified to national governing body standards and the centre prides itself on providing a safe and fun environment to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Mountain Biking - The 7stanes in Dumfries & Galloway are world-class centres that span the South of Scotland. Their award-winning trails, including Kirroughtree on our door step, offer some of the best mountain biking routes in the country and attract riders from all over the UK and beyond. You don’t have to be an experienced mountain biker to enjoy these famous trails as there are a wide range of routes to suit beginners and experts. Led by an expert mountain bike leader and one of our team, we will arrange your mountain bike hire and a half day of instruction at Kirroughtree for a £50 supplement. Private mountain biking breaks of any length can also be arranged, which can be booked as part of your week long boot camp.
Fitness Retreat Scotland
The Scottish Boot Camp at Argrennan: 7 Days & Nights From £950
A fully-inclusive 7 night stay at the fitness retreat costs £950, based on per person sharing.
- Activities from 7am to 9pm (such as paddle-boarding, climbing wall, kayaking and outdoor laser tag)
- All meals, drinks and snacks
- Equipment (fit balls, exercise mats, boxing pads, gloves, etc)
- Fitness information and nutritional advice
- No hidden costs (massage and mountain biking booked separately)
- By Air - Complimentary transfer from Glasgow Airport at 12.30pm and Prestwick Airport at 1.30pm on the Saturday
- By Rail - The pick up is at Dumfries Railway Station at 2pm on Saturday
- By Road - If driving, arrive at The Camp at around 3.30pm on Saturday
- Return from 9am the following Saturday