Boot Camps in Scotland Exclusively for Women
Each client will be assigned to her own group based on age and experience. Irrespective of whether you go to the gym 5 times a week or are a novice, we provide the means and motivation to help you to drop a dress size in a week.
A Luxury Fitness Retreat
Kirroughtree is an elegant country mansion built in 1719 and steeped in rich history. This refined former hotel lies in beautiful private grounds in a prominent position overlooking the River Cree and Solway Firth, but is now surrounded by impressive Scottish fir trees that were planted following construction of the present house.
From the 15th to the late 19th century the Kirroughtree Estate, which originally stretched from Creebridge to beyond, where the present forestry visitor centre now stands, belonged to the Heron family. Patrick Heron, a Whig, had been a fugitive from the Stuarts, but following the glorious revolution he became a very wealthy man through the cattle trade. During the late 18th century Patrick’s grandson was a patron of the poet Robbie Burns, who often visited Kirroughtree House where he was inspired to write both a poem & a song.
The formal drawing room with roaring log fire, impressive dining room and sitting rooms are all available for our exclusive use. All bedrooms come with en suite bathrooms with overhead showers and baths as well as private separate sitting areas, WiFi, iPhone docks, TVs and herbal tea making facilities. Many rooms have views out towards Cairnsmore, or across the manicured gardens. The course content remains the same with the addition of mountain biking if desired.
The Camp rises early and stands down at around 7pm, providing a program of constant low-intensity physical training. Enjoy a range of exciting activities ranging from orienteering, army training beach activities, self defence, trim-trail, and hiking, to boxercise, pilates, yoga and piloxing. The team at The Camp will keep you moving all day. At The Camp we also run detailed stretching sessions, before and after all activities to minimise injury.
The Boot Camp in Scotland caters for a nominal group of clients per course, which ensures exclusivity and the most effective and safe instructor to client ratio.
New Multi-Sport Activities
Multi-Sport Activities - At The Camp we believe in keeping you active, keeping things fresh and introducing you to new activities. Over the years we have learnt that this is good for the body, the mind and the soul! We are absolutely delighted to have joined in partnership with Galloway Activity Centre for 2018, situated on the beautiful shores of Loch Ken in the Galloway Forest Park. It is South West Scotland’s largest multi-activity and water sports training centre offering a wide range of exciting action packed activities from paddle boarding, kayaking and climbing wall to outdoor laser tag, wobbly water park, archery and much, much more! We shall spend a morning there on each camp and enjoy the café overlooking the waters of Loch Ken after we have finished our chosen sports. Please note that all activity instructors are qualified to national governing body standards and the centre prides itself on providing a safe and fun environment to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Mountain Biking - The 7stanes in Dumfries & Galloway are world-class centres that span the South of Scotland. Their award-winning trails, including Kirroughtree on our door step, offer some of the best mountain biking routes in the country and attract riders from all over the UK and beyond. You don’t have to be an experienced mountain biker to enjoy these famous trails as there are a wide range of routes to suit beginners and experts. Led by an expert mountain bike leader and one of our team, we will arrange your mountain bike hire and a half day of instruction at Kirroughtree for a £50 supplement. Private mountain biking breaks of any length can also be arranged, which can be booked as part of your week long boot camp.
Fitness Retreat Scotland
The Scottish Boot Camp in Kirroughtree: 7 Days & Nights From £1,150
A fully-inclusive 7 night stay at Kirroughtree costs £1,150, based on per person sharing.
- Accommodation (all rooms are en-suite with bath and shower)
- Activities from 7am to 9pm (such as paddle-boarding, climbing wall, kayaking and outdoor laser tag)
- All meals, drinks and snacks
- Equipment (fit balls, exercise mats, boxing pads, gloves, etc)
- Fitness information and nutritional advice
- No hidden costs (massage and mountain biking booked separately)
- By Air - Complimentary transfer from Glasgow Airport at 12.30pm and Prestwick Airport at 1.30pm on the Saturday
- By Rail - The pick up is at Dumfries Railway Station at 2pm on Saturday
- By Road - If driving, arrive at The Camp at around 3.30pm on Saturday
- Return from 9am the following Saturday